Sweet & Sour Tom yum
noodle-soup meal kit
COOK LIKE A THAI,
THE HARD WORK'S DONE:
· Tom yum soup paste
· Tom yum dried herbs:
lemon grass, galangal,
kaffir lime leaves, chilli
· Jasmine rice noodles
· Thai essentials: crunchy roasted
peanuts, chilli flakes, fried red onions
WHAT YOU NEED:
· Your favourite meat, seafood or veg
· Optional: mushrooms, coriander,
At its best with genuine tom yum herbs
We love Tom Yum soup in Thailand. Across the country it's a simple lunchtime or dinner favourite, cooked at home or served in a restaurant. This light and spicy, savoury-sour noodle broth is well named: tom means 'boil', and yum is a sour and spicy salad. Everyone has their favourite recipe; this one is typical of what you might find on a street-food stall – It goes really well with prawns.
EFFORTLESS THAI COOKING – SERVES 2
1. Prepare noodles: Boil noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 mins. When cooked,
drain noodles through a strainer, drop them into cold water, strain again and set aside.
2. Cook meat: : Bring 500ml of water to the boil. Add the Grab Thai Go
tom yum herbs together with 200g of chicken (or other meat, seafood or veg).
Bring to a boil again, toss in a handful of mushrooms and
simmer till meat and veg are cooked.
3. Add sauce and essentials: Pour in the Grab Thai Go sauce together with a handful
of fresh coriander and a cup of evaporated milk. Bring back to temperature. Serve Thai-style
with room temperature noodles, or with noodles warmed through in a microwave.
To finish, scatter over the Thai essentials.